Building on its leadership in providing in-vehicle connectivity, Chevrolet will offer a software update to provide Android Auto™† compatibility. This offer is directed at consumers in the U.S. who buy select 2016 model year vehicles equipped with the available 8-inch diagonal Chevrolet MyLink† display. Earlier this year, Chevrolet announced it will offer Android Auto† compatibility in more 2016 models than any automotive brand. The 14 Chevrolet models include vehicles ranging from the brand’s most affordable car, the all-new 2016 Spark, to its highest performance model, the Corvette Z06. The update will be available starting in March 2016 and will be performed exclusively by Chevrolet dealers.
Android Auto† offers a simpler, smarter way to use your Android smartphone in the vehicle using the available Chevrolet MyLink† display. Access your favorite songs and playlists with Google Play Music™, hands-free calling and texting, and even navigation through Google Maps™ — all using the built-in touch-screen in your vehicle.
Key features of Android Auto include the following:
- Home Screen: Android Auto† automatically brings you useful information, and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they're needed.
- Maps: Let Google Maps lead the way. It's easy to get where you're going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more.
- Voice: Just say the word - speech technology makes controlling everything with your voice fast and easy. Send, read, and reply to your text messages; make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemail - Talk To Google™ can help you do all these things, and more.
- Music: Your favorite tunes - to go! Access and stream over 30 million songs, custom playlists and more with Google Play Music.
- Third-party Apps: Android Auto† will also support additional apps that you’ve downloaded to your Android phone for enjoying podcasts, music, radio, messaging and more.
Android Auto† will be available, at launch, on the Chevrolet MyLink† system with 7-inch diagonal display and available through an exclusive Chevrolet Dealership software update on the Chevrolet MyLink† system with 8-inch diagonal display. Below is a list of compatible 2016 vehicles: